Unley Park Baptist Church Inc. makes a commitment to adhere to the Privacy Act (2000) and Amendments, and the Australian Privacy Principles that are contained in The Act.
Privacy Information Contact Person
- Northgate Street, Unley Park Baptist
- Unley Park, 5062
- em: firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT THE PRIVACY ACT MEANS TO YOU
An Act of Parliament ‘Privacy Act 2000′ was passed which sets out laws in relation to all personal information collected. This Act has been amended in 2013 with many significant changes effective in March 2014. Baptist Churches of South Australia Inc. (Baptist Churches SA), including all member church congregations, need to comply with the law and the 13 Australian Privacy Principles that are contained in the Act and Amendments, listed below:
- Open and transparent management of personal information
- Anonymity and pseudonymity
- Collection of solicited personal information
- Dealing with unsolicited personal information
- Notification of the collection of personal information
- Use or disclosure of personal information
- Direct marketing
- Cross-border disclosure of personal information
- Adoption, use or disclosure of government related identifiers
- Quality of personal information
- Security of personal information
- Access to personal information
- Correction of personal information
For more information about the Act and Australian Privacy Principles you can contact Unley Park Baptist’s Privacy information Contact Person or visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information may be collected in a variety of ways including registration or enrolment forms, or in personal notes.
The information collected may include names, addresses, email addresses, telephone and fax numbers, medical details, family details (including spouses, children, guardians’ and parents’ details), credit card and account numbers, and any notes taken for counselling purposes.
WHAT HAPPENS WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
- Personal information is only collected if it is necessary for the mission and ministry of Unley Park Baptist Church Inc and its associated ministries.
- Individuals will be notified of intended uses of personal information at the time of collection. Personal information is not shared without the prior consent of the individual.
- Personal information will be securely stored and not disclosed to other parties without the individual’s consent.
- If you become aware that your congregation is holding personal information that is no longer required, incorrect, or out of date, please notify them so they can amend or destroy the information. This will be done in a secure and sensitive way.
lf you would like to view your personal information, or if you have any questions about the personal information the church has about you, you should contact the Unley Park Baptist Church Privacy Information Contact person.
Individuals may access data on themselves, which is held by Unley Park Baptist Church by notifying the Church in writing of their request. The request will be acknowledged within 14 working days and time will be arranged for viewing the data. information which is out of date or incorrect will be updated upon written request, or the applicant will be notified of the reason why the information will not be updated.
If your concern is not addressed to your satisfaction, then forward your concern to the Unley Park Baptist Church Privacy Information Officer. lf your concerns have not been resolved, your complaint can be sent to the Office of the Australian information Commissioner (an Australian Government Department) for their attention.