GROWING CHILDREN IN FOLLOWING JESUS
Today’s lesson is we look at how mission doesn’t have to mean going across the world; it could be going over your back fence, in your family or at your school.
Read the Bible story first and then watch the lesson video.
But the Holy Spirit will come to you. Then you will receive power. You will be my witnesses—in Jerusalem, in all of Judea, in Samaria, and in every part of the world.”
Do not owe people anything. But you will always owe love to each other. The person who loves others has obeyed all the law. The law says, “You must not be guilty of adultery. You must not murder anyone. You must not steal. You must not want to take your neighbor’s things.” All these commands and all others are really only one rule: “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.” Love never hurts a neighbor. So loving is obeying all the law.
Then I heard the Lord’s voice. He said, “Whom can I send? Who will go for us?”
So I said, “Here I am. Send me!”
Questions to ask
- What are the hard words?
- What did not make sense?
- What questions do I have?
After you have watched the lesson and completed the bible reading, discuss these questions together:
If we love others as much as we love ourselves what do you think this might lead to?
- As we live a life of love it may lead to people asking questions about what we believe
What could we do to bring light and let it shine?
- Could you write a letter, deliver groceries, send flowers, FaceTime, visit someone etc?
Thank you Jesus that you have heard our prayers. Thank you that over the past 6 weeks we have had a chance to learn how we can share the Good News with others. Thank you that you love us and help us to love those around us. I pray that you would fill us with your Holy Spirit and fill us with your love to share your Good News and love with all that we meet.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Memory Verse John 3:17
- For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
- How many different translations of the Bible do you think there are?
- Why not join our Bible Verse challenge! We are memorising Romans 8 this month. For more information read here.
- Ages 4-7 Romans 8:38
- Ages 8-11 Romans 8:37-38
- Ages 12-13
- Adults – teachers/helpers. All of Romans 8!
- Sermon notes page to follow along with