- A table in the centre of the room,
- a candle on the table to symbolise Christ’s presence among us
- Prayer handouts placed on the table can be used by
- Prayer Journal/s on the table can be used by pray-ers to write prayers, words from God, relevant scriptures for the Church
- Briefly explain the format and focus for the night
Facilitator pronounces as light Christ Candle
- “As we light the Christ candle, we remember our Lord said “that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matt 18:19-20
- Read an opening Scripture as a focus for the night
Prayer Handout can inform prayers. Informal prayer can loosely follow:
Prayers can move through the following groups (following Pope Francis 5 finger prayer)
- Those close to us
- Those who lead, teach, heal us
- Those who have authority over us
- Those who are vulnerable among us
- Our personal prayer needs
5 minutes prior to end
- Invite everyone to stand together
- Encourage those with words/reflections of the Spirit to write in Prayer Journal.
“As we go into his world, let us pray together as our Lord’s has taught”
- Our Father in heaven hallowed be your Name,
- your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as in heaven.
- Give us today our daily bread.
- Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.
- Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
- For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen.
Prayer to close
Facilitator Record in Prayer Journal reflections from the time together