Mobilising people for generous service
All followers of Jesus are to bring the life and love of Jesus in service to the world he loves.
All of us can, all of us are needed. Each one of us has a unique opportunity in how we make this contribution.
No one is ‘superfluous to requirements’.
What is your unique contribution?
What things do you care deeply about?
What do you know and enjoy teaching to others?
What things do you enjoy doing?
Who do you connect with?
You can Commit to Care!
It doesn't take programs to demonstrate God's love. It takes people noticing needs and caring for one another. This is to be encouraged and celebrated!
At times people may not have the support they require. For these people our Pastoral Care Team connect those in need with those who can help. You can register to be a person the Pastoral care team could connect with to provide care.You could show care in the following ways
Pray on the behalf of others.
One on One Care
Build a caring relationship with another person.
Make a difference by helping practically.
Use creative gifts to demonstrate God's love.
Opportunities to serve
Currently we have the following practical opportunities available in our church. In addition to this list are the various ministries and groups which we would love you to participate in!
- General maintenance people
- Team Leader for Maintenance team
- AM Service morning tea roster
- AM Service welcome roster
- Scan paper records for record keeping
- IT skills
- Website skills
- Social Media Skills
- Graphic Design Skills
- URGENT A volunteer for 3 weeks to replace a Mini Ups’ Leader (approx. 5 early learning and reception aged children) - commitment … 3 Sundays this term
- Helpers in Little Tots (Creche)
commitment … 3 Sundays a term
Leaders/Helpers/ Youth Buddies for Kids’ Church - commitment … 3 Sundays a term
- Someone to sharpen pencils and check textas - commitment … 30mins once a month (electric pencil sharpener)
- Volunteers to join the Tuesday and Wednesday teams 9:30-11:30am
commitment … a Tuesday or a Wednesday during school term
Or … as a regular but less frequent team member
- Or … as someone we can call when regular team members are absent
what will you need to do … arrive in time to help set up, greet and connect with adults, keep a general eye on the children (they are the responsibility of their parent/carer), help pack up
- (used for Playgroups, KYB Creche, Kids’ Church)
Someone to blow/sweep up leaves and bark around the Playgroup area - commitment … once a fortnight
- Helpers for end of term thorough cleaning of Tinsley Hall - commitment … usually a Wednesday am or pm during the school holidays
- Creche helpers - commitment … Thursday am 9:30 -11:00 during school term
Events Catering TeamA team of about 4 people to be “go to” people to help when we have an event. A team leader would be a bonus. Occasions like funerals, seminars, brunches
- The role (Helper) would involve: Helping with making, arranging or purchasing food and drinks
- Helping with setting up (food and drinks) and decorating tables/room if needed
- The role (Team Leader)
- Meeting with Heather to discuss food choices, themes, quantities, ideas for creating a unique and successful event
- Co-ordinate helpers and oversee kitchen
Street Party Team Leaders
- (would organize – with help from Heather if necessary – a team to help them)
- Set up (seating, tables, trestles, marquees). Instruct the helpers with what to do
- Lighting (Decorative). Put up lights in trees and across the street Café – co-ordinate food and tea/coffee stall
- Styling – decorating the area (Christmas tree, café tables, front of church/porch). Creating a colour theme and party environment
- Entertainment – arrange buskers/entertainment from 6 – 7:30pm
- Youth games – liaise with Simon and arrange equipment for activities/games for youth
- Clean up the street and car park prior to setup