This week, on Ash Wednesday, Lent begins. This is a period of 40 days before Easter, not counting Sundays, where Christians fast by giving up something. Don’t know about Lent? You can read more here.
In our church we use the period of Lent for 40 Days of Prayer. We are asking our people to dedicate time in the day to pray for our church and ministries. We hope people will sign up to pray a day or few. 40 Days of Prayer begins this week with prayer at the church, 7 – 8 pm Mon- Friday evening. To sign up to pray for a day, prayer points go to https://upbc.org.au/40days/
As we head towards Easter, here are a few things to help:
- Our Ash Wednesday service 7-8pm, Wednesday 14 Feb.
- Our Lent sermon series “In view of God’s mercy” will take us through the book of Romans.
- Our Link articles will bring weekly devotions from the Lent Calendar readings.
- We will post daily prayer points on our Facebook page.
- You can join our Lent bible reading plan through Romans here. More information about our daily Bible Reading App is available at https://upbc.org.au/dailybible/
Easter is the key celebration for people who follow Jesus. May God work in deepening your love and faith through this time.